Play Castle

I went to a children's resale shop a few weeks ago. I can't even remember why, but I found a Princess castle while there for $20, normally $150. I looked closely at it and found that I could easily replicate it.

So, I bought it and tried my hand at making one like it. By the time I had been cutting for 3 hours, I realized that I didn't want to make it as detailed as the one from the store. I still can, but it would take me practically a whole day to make it right with painting and details, and would have to sell it for at least $150. In today's economy, I don't think it would be a big seller. Maybe I'll make one or two for Christmas sales.
Anyway, this is made from 1/4" thick MDF board because I wanted an inexpensive material to practice on. If I really do make it for sale, it will be from plywood. I'm still thinking about it. Anyway, my girls are happy with the princess castle from the second hand store, and my boys are happy with the silver castle I made. My son already houses a stockpile of mini starwars weapons in it.

0 comments: